I have always had a desire to create and design. I have a diverse background, including landscape design, woodturning, pen and ink and watercolor.
I love to travel and after several trips to Santa Fe, my fiancee' and I moved from Pennsylvania to New Mexico to find inspiration in a different culture.
As an artist, I dance to two different beats. One is traditional, the other contemporary and sometimes a mixture of the two. I love going back and forth between traditional and contemporary, keeps me fresh and inspired to do more creative work. There is rarely a defined path that dictates the creation of a painting. Rather, each stroke of color and direction invites the next. The hand moves the brush, but it is the subconscious mind and spirit that guide the painting into being.
I find my inspiration through many things - everyday life, history, culture and the small simple things that just come upon us. I absorb what my particular environment gives me. For now I am absorbed in the history and culture of New Mexico and the West.
I try with every finished work to breathe more life into the proud culture and history of the American West.
I sincerely hope you enjoy viewing my paintings as I love taking the time to create them.
Gallery Vii (Allenspark, CO)
Gallery Vii West (Carmel, CA)
Vertu Fine Art Gallery (Socorro, NM)
Mostly Madrid (Madrid, NM)
RECENT SHOWS/ MISC. -
- Bethlehem (Pa) Palette Club Fine Art - 2015
- Lehigh Valley (Pa) Arts Council - 2015
- Group Exhibit - Bethlehem (Pa) City Rotunda - Jan. 2016
- Las Cruces (NM) Arts Association
- Group Exhibit - Arts on Easel Gallery - Las Cruces, NM - 2016
- Group Exhibit - First Christian Church - Las Cruces, NM - Sept. 2016
- 2 Person Exhibit - Featured Artist - CEC Building, Las Cruces, NM - Oct. 2016
- Group Exhibit - Milagro's Cafe - Las Cruces, NM - Nov. 2016
- Group Show - Quesenberry Art Fair - Las Cruces, NM - Nov. 26-27, 2016
- Group Show - In Effect Gallery - Las Cruces, NM - Feb. 2017
- Solo Exhibit - Mas Art Gallery - Las Cruces, NM - June 2017
- Group Show - Café de Mesilla - Mesilla, NM - August / Sept. , 2017
- Solo Show - Juried Franciscan Festival of Fine Arts - Mesilla Park, NM - Sept. 2-3, 2017
- Commission - Ruah Word Enterprises Logo and Marketing
- Group Show - Southwest Environmental Center - Las Cruces, NM - Oct / Nov., 2017
- 2 Person Exhibit - Walnut St. Framing and Gallery - Las Cruces, NM - Month TBA 2018
- 2 Person Exhibit - Café de Mesilla - Mesilla, NM - April and May 2018
- Associate Membership - National Society of Painters in Casein/Acrylic
- Membership - National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society
- 2 Person Exhibit - Big Picture Gallery - Las Cruces, NM - Month TBA 2019